After my pilates class last Thursday I noticed my instructor sipping on a delicious smoothie, and I couldn't help but ask what the concoction was. Colleen, my pilates instructor, said it was mostly a green veggie drink consisting of kale and dandelion greens. She added some fruits and fruit juice to add some sweetness and a dash of color. I, of course, ran home to make it and it was YUMMY!! I also made a smaller version for Kyla and Lola but just added some yogurt for a creamier consistency. Both girls ate it right up!
- 1/2 organic bundle of kale
- 1/2 organic bundle of dandelion greens
- 1/2 organic cucumber
- 8 oz organic strawberries
- 6 oz organic blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 Tb organic flax seeds
- 3 oz yogurt any flavor (if desired)
- Thoroughly wash all of the fruits and veggies in a veggie wash for 30 sec, rinse and let the kale and dandelion greens air dry or spin in a lettuce spinner.
- Slice the cucumber and banana into 1 in thick pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth (about 3 min)
- Place in the freezer for 15 min and enjoy (if you don't have time to put in the freezer throw a few ice cubes in the blender.)
- Garnish with strawberries and blueberries.